BLUEBERRY PIE-C CREAM SANDWICHES
Blueberry pie/ice cream sandwich = a Pie-c cream sandwich!!!
I know, brilliant. Or silly. Maybe mostly silly. Umm…you can’t have one without the other, right?
BLUEBERRY PIE ICE CREAM SANDWICHES
So, I’m feeling like these are pretty epic. In a small town kind of way, but still.
Pie and ice cream just belong together.
And if you are going to have a hand pie, which is meant, per it’s name, to be eaten with your hands, you might also want ice cream at some point. But if you eat ice cream with a hand pie, you’ll have to set it down on a plate to do so. Which totally defeats the purpose of a hand pie. Now it’s just a mini pie on a plate.
Or, I suppose, you could hold your hand pie in one hand, and an ice cream cone in the other and just switch back and forth between eating the two.
You could take that ice cream and stuff it right in between two little hand pies and BAM.
Life changed forever.
These babies pictured were stuffed with a LOT of ice cream.
KITCHEN HACK OF THE DAY:
To get perfectly even stuffed ice cream sandwiches, line a wide, somewhat shallow measuring cup or ramekin with plastic wrap, pressing it into the sides. And shallow, small cylindrical container will work(at about a 1 C. capacity) as long as it had straight sides. Spoon the ice cream into the plastic wrap lined container and press it down firmly, until the container is full. Smooth out the top with your spoon. Place one pie, bottom side down, on top of the container. Invert the container into your palm. The ice cream should drop right out. Peel the plastic wrap off of the ice cream and top the bottom of the ice cream with another pie.
And if you’re not a blueberry fan, well, you can let your imagination run wild with these. I think ANY kind of pie filling would make for an awesome piec cream sandwich.
pie-c cream sandwich.
Pie-ice cream sandwich
Pie Ice Cream Sandwich.
You know what I mean.
- 1 recipe Blueberry Hand Pies(omit the lavender, if desired)
- 7-8 C. Vanilla Ice Cream
- This one is pretty obvious. Stuff a scoop of ice cream between two hand pies. A few tips, however:
- For best results, stuff the ice cream between pies that are room temperature and serve immediately.
- You can assemble these and then freeze them, and they actually freeze pretty well. But for the best texture, serve when assembled.
- For thick ice cream sandwiches, like the ones pictured, line a wide 1 C. measuring cup with plastic wrap and press ice cream into it with a spoon. It should be easy to invert because of the plastic wrap. Place the side of the ice cream not lined in plastic on the bottom of a hand pie, then peel off the plastic and top the bottom of the ice cream with another hand pie.
What’s that? More blueberries, you say? Here you go:
Lemon Curd Mousse with Blueberries