In the first few months of my last pregnancy my skin wen haywire. It was breaking out more than it ever had before and nothing I put on it seemed to help.
So I decided to try a more natural approach.
Couldn’t hurt, right? Nothing else was working.
So I started using this mask and after a few applications my skin had calmed down significantly. I continued to use it a few times a week and several months later, about 6-7 to be exact, my skin rarely broke out anymore and all of my previously acquired acne scars were completely gone.
Why, you may wonder? I attribute it to the following reasons:
Lemon Juice may aid in the lightening of dark spots left by acne scars, aging, and hyperpigmentation. It has antibacterial properties and helps to speed up the healing of existing acne as well as prevent future breakouts. It helps to remove blackheads and reduces skin oiliness. It also helps to remove dead skin cells resulting in brighter, smoother, glowing skin.
Egg Whites help to tighten the skin and shrink pores. They contribute to maintaining elasticity in the skin and can reduce the appearance of fine lines.
Raw Honey, as I talked about in my last skin care post, draws moisture to the skin and helps to retain it. It also has antibacterial properties and helps to heal the skin.
This is my single most favorite homemade face treatment and it has done the most for my skin when it comes to face masks.
My hubby even uses it
*Remember that this is my personal opinion and these are my results. Some people may have different reactions to the products used, so always do a patch test on your skin if you are not sure how it will react! It may not work for everyone. Lemon can be a little stinging on sensitive skin, so use less if you find it irritates yours.
- 1 Egg White
- ½ T. Raw Honey
- ½ T. Fresh Lemon Juice
- Place all ingredients in a deep bowl. Whip briskly with a fork or whisk until foamy, 1-2 minutes.
- Wash and dry your face, and then, using your fingers or a small brush, spread the mixture over your entire face, avoiding the eye area. I like to spread it on as thickly as possible without it dripping.
- Leave the mask on for 30 minutes, or until it has completely dried and feels tight on your skin.
- Rinse the mask off with warm water, using a washcloth to gently wipe the mask away.
- Splash your face with very cold water and gently pat dry.