One of the things I love about homemade body scrubs is that they make the best holiday gifts. They are cost effective, easy to make, and who doesn’t love a good sugar scrub?
This particular scrub is perfect for the season because it’s scented with one of the fall and winters favorite smells. Pumpkin Spice.
I don’t know about you, but lately I want nothing more than to pumpkin spice ALL the things. Cookies, cakes, pies, muffins…and now my beauty products.
You will most likely have all the ingredients needed for this scrub right in your cupboard. It doesn’t take a lot of components…just 4! It literally takes 2 minutes to throw together and this recipe makes just enough to fill two small mason jars. Throw a label on and tie a little twine or ribbon around it and you have yourself an easy, cheap, super delicious smelling Christmas(or any Holiday occasion) gift!
This scrub will leave your skin silky smooth and smelling like heaven. Just make sure to take care when using as it contains oil and can make your bath a tad slippery. Also, the delicious smell that will linger on your skin after using may cause others to assume you have a delightful pumpkin dessert in your oven. Or stuffed in your purse, if you’re not at home. Just a heads up.
Love diy scrubs? Try these lovelies out:
- 1¼ C. Brown Sugar
- 1 T. Pumpkin Pie Spice
- ¼ C. Light Olive Oil(not extra virgin), or ⅓ C. Coconut oil, softened
- ½ t. Vanilla Extract
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice.
- Add the oil and vanilla extract to the sugar and mix in until blended. If using coconut oil, mix it into the brown sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment.
- Store in 1 medium mason jar or two small mason jars with lids.
- Will keep for a few months at room temperature.